NFCYM Organizational Values
In response to the Gospel, and in pursuit of its mission and vision, NFCYM acts in accord with, and promotes these organizational values:
- Guidance of the Holy Spirit discerned through prayer.
- Fidelity to the mission and teaching of the church.
- Ministry rooted in prayer and sacraments.
- Communion with the bishops of the United States.
- Dignity and giftedness of each person.
- Inherent goodness, unique gifts and charisms of all young people.
- Baptism call of each person to discipleship, mission and holiness.
- Riches of diversity.
- Promotion of justice and peace.
- Responsible stewardship of our resources.
- Wisdom of shared leadership and collaboration.
Thematic Village Values
NFCYM values participation in NCYC by exhibitors who view NCYC as an opportunity to resource, network, and be present to young people and the adults whose pastoral work includes young people. Ideally, an NCYC exhibitor meets the following criteria:
- Exhibitor’s mission and resources reflect the values of the Catholic Church and NFCYM.
- Exhibitor’s resources equip participants for Christian discipleship.
- Exhibitor acts as a good and responsible steward of resources.
- Exhibitor provides and encourages an engaging, educational/catechetical, and interactive space.
- Exhibitor reflects the diversity of the church and local community.
- Exhibitor seeks out socially-responsible sources for their promotional materials and items.
In selecting and placing exhibitors, NFCYM values the utilization of exhibit space to reflect a priority for (1) sponsors, (2) members, (3) nonprofit organizations, (4) education and informational organizations, and (5) retailers.
The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) appreciates the support participating exhibitors provide NFCYM by creating in adults and the young people they serve a passion for living Gospel values. As exhibitors build an inventory of promotional materials to display at conferences, NFCYM encourages exhibitors to seek out socially responsible sources.
Check out Catholic Relief Services' (CRS) Ethical Trade Partnerships. CRS' partner vetting process employs the principles of the world’s leading fair trade organizations, but goes a step further to ensure their partner companies’ business practices are in line with Catholic social teaching. CRS' comprehensive process includes online reviews, phone interviews, and a third-party review.
NFCYM is proud to be using CRS Ethical Trade Partner, Ethix Merch, to supply its 2017 NCYC commemorative merchandise.