NCYC scholarship assistance is available to participants from NFCYM affiliated dioceses. Scholarship funds are made available through the resources of the Catholic Youth Foundation USA. In 2015, CYFUSA provided 1,479 scholarships.
NCYC scholarships are intended to:
- Increase the participation of young people from diverse cultural backgrounds and geographic settings
- Help support those in financial need due to economic hardship
- Include young people with physical, sensory, and/or cognitive disabilities
What will CYFUSA Fund?
The Catholic Youth Foundation USA will underwrite up to 100% of the conference registration fee. CYFUSA expects that the individuals and local community will manage the remaining expenses. In rare cases where local resources are extremely limited and expenses are extensive, CYFUSA may fund a portion of participants’ housing and/or transportation expense as well. These parameters enable CYFUSA to support the greatest number of scholarship applications.
- in a community destroyed by hurricanes, flooding, or other natural disasters
- in a rural community by the local economy
- from an inner-city high school that lacks the resources to participate in a national event
- from an ethnic parish who are looking for opportunities to participate in a national program
- from a parish where youth ministry is new or under-developed
- whose disabilities require extra consideration for NCYC housing or travel
How to apply
Individuals, parishes, and schools, should apply for scholarship funding using the Application Form. Completed applications must be submitted to the diocesan delegation leader by Friday, April 28, 2017. The diocesan leader is responsible for reviewing and submitting all requests from the delegation by close of business Friday, May 5, 2017, using the Summary Scholarship Form. All of the applications for a diocese must be received by CYFUSA at the same time.
Applications will be reviewed/decided by a committee of CYFUSA representatives and NFCYM members. Diocesan leaders will be informed of application status after June 2, 2017.
Dioceses must provide the names of the individuals receiving the scholarships by September 8, 2017. CYFUSA will pay scholarship funds for registration fees directly to the conference registrar on behalf of the recipients. If applicable, any other funds will be sent directly to the applying parish/school/organization.
Questions about the NCYC scholarship program should be directed to Antonia Garza via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 202-636-3825 x16.
Click here to download a copy of these 2017 Scholarship Application Instructions.