NCYC may be unique to other events at which you exhibit. Most participants are under the age of eighteen. Participants come with lots of adult supervision, but NFCYM, in partnership with our host, the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, take seriously the responsibility of providing a safe environment for our young attendees. Therefore, all adults must adhere to a code of conduct and are required to comply with with either a diocesan safe environment program or Safe and Sacred, the Archdiocese of Indianapolis' safe environment program.
Exhibitor Code of Conduct
In connection with their participation in the conference, NFCYM exhibitors will:
- Exhibit the highest ethical standards and personal integrity
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner, free from all forms of physical, psychological, sexual, and emotional intimidation, harassment, and abuse
- Avoid taking unfair advantage of any relationship for their own benefit
- Share concerns about suspicious or inappropriate behavior with their supervisors
- Report to local authorities any suspected abuse or neglect of a minor
- Accept their personal responsibility to protect minors and adults from all forms of abuse
- Limit their contact with NFCYM event participants to that which is appropriate to their role within that event
Safe environment program compliance
All diocesan safe environment programs include two parts: education/training anda third-party criminal background check. Education helps adults understand, create, and maintain a safe environment is for young people, including how to spot and respond to signs of abuse and neglect and how to establish appropriate boundaries for youth and adult interaction. Criminal background checks help to verify that individuals have not been convicted or are on probation for offenses that would disqualify them from working with minors.
If your organization/company exhibited at the 2015 NCYC, and you and/or your booth personnel completed the Archdiocese of Indianapolis's Safe and Sacred program in calendar year 2015 or later, those credentials should still be valid for the 2017 NCYC. Personnel can check their status by logging into the Safe and Sacred site. Click here for more information.
New Exhibitors/Personnel and those with expired credentials
New personnel and those with expired Safe and Sacred credentials have two options for meeting the safe environment requirements. Option one is to submit the Archdiocese of Indianapolis' Safe Environment and Youth Protection Affidavit signed by your diocesan safe environment coordinator. (Click here for the list of diocesan safe environment coordinators.) Option two is to complete Safe and Sacred from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. (Click here for the link and instructions.)